PRE- AND POSTNATAL COACHING
Navigating exercise and wellness in a pregnant or postpartum body can be challenging.
While exercise is considered safe during most pregnancies, you may be wondering where to start and how to accommodate the changes that come with pregnancy. Fernwood Movement Academy can help!
Regular exercise during and after pregnancy can:
- Help prevent gestational diabetes and hypertension
- Help prevent excessive gestational weight gain
- Reduce hip and back pain and improve mental health
- Ease delivery and postpartum recovery
- Prevent or reduce symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Improve the health of your baby
- Maintain mental health during a time of transition
During pregnancy, your energy and symptoms can change daily. We treat you as you are when you walk through our door each session. Beginning with a foundation of breathing and bracing, we will provide you with the tools you need for a healthy, active pregnancy and postpartum period.
Build strength and develop healthy habits
Improve chances of conception
Learn to navigate exercise and wellness in your changing body
Experience a safe and supportive environment from kinesiology practitioners who strive to create a space that merges exercise and treatment to give you the tools to move well for life
Learn strategies for postpartum recovery
Return to physical activity with knowledgeable practitioners upon receiving medical clearance
Progressively build towards prenatal activities and goals